- Reserve 15ml tomato puree to use for later. Then blend all the ingredients for the pepper sauce in a processor until there are no chunks left. Set aside.
- Pour oil in the pressure cooker, season the meat with salt and pepper and brown over heat (This can be done by using the meat function with an open lid until desired browning has been achieved).
- Once desired browning and sautéing has been achieved, simply select the Warm/ Cancel button to stop the cooking function being used and move on to using another menu function if required in this recipe. Now add water, reserved tomato puree, paprika and cumin. Close the lid and cook for 15min (rice function on the rich setting)
- Release pressure and open the lid. Add the pepper sauce mixture, sliced onion, pepper slices to the meat and sauce, cover and seal the lid. Cook for further 15min (rice function on the rich setting)
- When cooking is complete, release pressure and serve.
- 1 red pepper deseeded
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 410g tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10ml ground ginger
- 5ml turmeric
- 5ml salt
- 21/2ml black pepper
- 21/2ml – 5ml cayenne pepper (depending on
- how spicy you like it)
- 5 cardamom pods crushed
- 10ml olive oil
- 1kg prime rib steak, trimmed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 21/2ml paprika
- 21/2ml cumin
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 yellow or red pepper deseeded and sliced