- First make the Beef with red wine & carrots
- You will need half the finished stew for this recipe.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 mins until almost done. Drain well, then mix with the butter and half the Parmesan.
- In a large saucepan, fry the pancetta or bacon until golden.
- Stir in the fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano, then add the beef stew and heat through.
- Tip into an ovenproof dish and top with the cheesy potatoes, overlapping.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and bake for 20 mins until golden and crisp on top.
- Serve with a green salad.
- 700g floury potatos, sliced
- 25g butter
- 50g grated parmesan
- 140g pancetta or streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 2 oregano sprigs, leaves stripped, or 2 tsp of dried oregano
Make it perfect